Stories Worth Telling
We’re all walking around with video cameras in our phones, so why don’t we just record our relatives' stories ourselves? Often, it’s really hard to interview our own parents, for a variety of reasons. These include the fact that although we may be close to our parents, they don’t necessarily talk to their kids the way they talk to an interviewer. There can also be a lot of emotional baggage and a lifetime of issues that can hamper the process, leading us to procrastinate until it's too late.
So Macbeth Studio has launched The Legacy Life Project, to capture the stories of aging relatives who have life lessons to share. Macbeth Studio has created a complete suite of services, from the interview on location, capturing video and photography of clients’ loved ones, to providing a professionally-edited one hour, or two hour mini-biography video.
Most people don’t realize we even need this service, and when we do, it’s often too late. We all think we have more time than we do, to capture their stories and wisdom. The Legacy Life Project is Macbeth Studio's way of helping us capture life stories worth telling.
What can you expect from us:
First we capture video (and still photography, if requested) of the subject(s) in their own home, doing the ordinary things that make up our lives. Then we'll select a spot to do an informal interview -- often in their favorite chair -- guided by information provided by loved ones. We'll ask questions that lead to important stories and family lore, as well as significant milestones and memories. Throughout the process, our goal is sensitivity and empathy. Finished video will be delivered digitally, unless otherwise requested.
See all package options below, or the answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
Personal Biography Packages
- Up to 30 min. video
- About 2 hours on-site
- Editing and archiving
- Up to 1 hour video
- About 3 hours on-site
- Editing and archiving
- $500: Still photography
- $350: All raw files
- $500: Social media trailer
- $1,000: Subtitles
Additional options must be added before initial interview.
Inquire about adding existing home-movies or still photos into the video or transcribing and editing interview into printed book.
Trailers and Testimonials
If you are interested in one of our packages, please fill out the form below and we will contact you to make arrangements.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why do I need your service? Can't I just use my phone and record it myself? You absolutely can! If you have the skills and equipment, you can capture your family stories yourself. The reason we started Legacy Life Project is that sometimes it can be difficult or daunting to interview your own family. People speak differently to close relatives than they do to an impartial interviewer. Also, the right gear makes a big difference to the final film quality, especially when recording live audio. But whether you do it yourself or hire someone to help, just be sure to do it. Don't wait. We never know how long we've got, and we always think we have more time than we actually do.
- What's the process for creating a personal biography? After receiving your deposit, we work with you to schedule a day and time to conduct the video interview. We send you (the purchaser) a preliminary questionnaire, which must be completed before the video interview. At the location, we capture slice-of-life video, as well as the interview footage (and still photography, if requested) of the subject of the video. Within 30 days, you'll receive a finished personal biography video.
- Do I need to be there for the interview session? Not necessarily. Sometimes responses can change when family members are present, and subjects may alter or avoid certain stories. We'll leave it up to you to decide what will create the best story-telling opportunity.
- How long will the team be on location? Usually between 2 and 3 hours hours, depending on final interview length. Sometimes, if subjects get tired easily, interviews need to be divided into several shorter sessions. Let us know any special needs when you contact us.
- We have family home movies and/or still photos. Can these be added to the video? Usually, yes. There will be additional time and cost associated with converting films, videos and stills to digital format, and editing them into the biography. Let us know what you need, and we will do our best to make it happen.
- How long after the session will the photos/video be available? Still photos will be delivered within 7 business days, and video will be completed within 30 days of when the video is captured. Ask about rush services if your need is more urgent.
- How do I receive the photo/video files? Finished video is delivered via YouTube, Vimeo, Dropbox, or, if privacy is a concern, on a USB drive or a DVD.
- Do you come to assisted living facilities? Yes, we can conduct our interview / video capture wherever you like, provided you can obtain proper permission to film at the location.
- Do you travel outside of Central Florida? Yes. Inquire about our rates for travel.
- I can't afford the full cost right now, but I need this done quickly, for health reasons, etc. Do you offer financing or payment plans? We understand that time can be of the essence. Contact us to discuss record-now-edit-later or other flexible arrangements to make sure we don't miss the important moments.
- What happens to the footage after final video is delivered? All footage will be archived and backed up. Additional copies / updates / edits can be requested in future, such as for memorial services or reunions.